Missouri  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/03/12, 11:37 am

I live in saint louis MO and I'm wondering if I can do community service or jail time in lieu of paying my traffic fines.(Total Fine Amount around = 1800 maybe a little less).

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/03/12, 11:52 am by Jennifer Greene

There are not enough facts to answer this question. In Missouri, depending on how your traffic offense is categorized (ordinance violation, misdemeanor, or felony) dictates the minimum and maximum punishments. Your attorney may be able to come up with a plea deal with the Prosecutor that involves jail time with less money coming out of your pocket (but from a legal statement this usually doesn't get you the best big picture result). But even then, court costs and other possible fines (like a recoupment fund if applicable or a community service fee) still cannot be avoided. Another option sometimes is if the court has a payment plan you can utilize. If you do not already have an attorney and would like to speak in more detail about this please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Best of luck!

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Fortis Law Firm, LLC 200 S. Bemiston Ave., Suite 306 Clayton, 63105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search