Legal Question in Disability Law in Missouri

can teens with disabled parents get legal permission to drive?

My mom recently had surgery and cannot drive and my dad works all day. Is there any way I can get permission to drive from a judge or anyone else. There's 6 kids in my family and it's very hard with mom not driving. I have my permit, so is this possibly?

Asked on 6/20/02, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy O'Reilly The Law Firm of O'Reilly & Jensen, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: can teens with disabled parents get legal permission to drive?

To whom it may concern:

I received your question about driving your disabled mother. I assume you are under 16 yrs old, but your letter does not specify.

There is not provision under disability law, either state or federal, that would allow an underage person to drive in such "hardship" situation. You should consult with the Missouri Department of Revenue to see if any "hardship" license can be granted.

Your mother may have rights under the American's with Disabilities Act and Family Medical leave act to be free from discrimination in the workplace. If she has any such problems, she should contact a lawyer immediately.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Tim O'Reilly, esq.

The Law Firm of O'Reilly & Jensen, LLC

3432 Culpepper Ct. Suite B

Springfield, MO. 65804

Phone - (417) 890-1555

Fax - (417) 890-1778

Web site:

Read more
Answered on 6/21/02, 12:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now