Missouri  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/08/13, 3:37 pm

I recently asked the question about whether Missouri could legally garnish my wages since I owe back taxes from 10,11, 06,7,08 apparently. I received the following response from one of your experts, but it was vague in saying that Missouri can "try to" garnish me?

[[[Missouri can try to collect back taxes if they know where to find you. Generally, they get this informaton from the IRS or other sources that may show a current address. It is advisable to try to work out a payment plan with Missouri if possible so this liability does not come up in the future when it may be more difficult to resolve.]]]

They already have my address and I offered to set up payment schedule to which they refused, citing that I didn't file taxes for 06,07,08, at which time I filed bankruptcy Chapter 7. I hadn't filed for these years until recently while residing here in Oklahoma about 6 moths ago, when I had my lawyer file my taxes for 06,07,08 ,09,10,and 11. My question is can Missouri LEGALLY garnish my wages since I no longer live in their state?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search