Missouri  |  Business Law

I had a bannerstone that I was selling on ebay. I canceled the listing to sell to another buyer through Paypal. He paid for the item, but I refunded ALL his money before it could be shipped. He is a seller and I didn't feel right selling to this person as he just resells them. I was offered more by someone else that wanted to collect not resell it. Even though I refunded the persons money he is ticked off and is making a huge issue out of it. He has been threatening me with a lawyer to possibly sue me. Can he do anything to me at all? I feel it is my right to refund all money paid when I believe I am being done wrong and they are trying to put me together on the deal. Any help would be great. As far as I know they are just threatening at this time not actually making any calls. Help please.

Answered on: 3/05/13, 10:44 am by Anthony Smith

Based upon the facts you described, you may have some civil liability exposure. Oncethe deal was made and the purchaser sent you the money, you were obligated. You may cancel, but may have to compensate the purchaser for their losses.

good luck

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063