Missouri  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/07/07, 9:47 am

Court Judgement

I have a court judgement for $150,000 in the state of Missouri. I used to own a business in Missouri. I gave the former owner of that business a promissory note. I defaulted on the promissory note for $150,000. The person got a court judgement for $150,000. After I defaulted I moved out of Missouri. I do not own any Missouri real estate. I no longer live in Missouri. I am a resident, home owner, registered voter in Kansas. Can the former business owner (the plantiff) in Missouri collect the $150,000 Missouri judgement from any assets I have in Kansas bank accounts?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search