Legal Question in Business Law in Missouri

going to court

I owed someone money for work he did for us- i didn't pay him on time because i asked for a w9 form and he never supplied it. I have no problem paying him but he has already filed suit for alot more than what i owed himi what should i do? do i have a chance of settling this outside of court and how do i do that?

Asked on 8/28/07, 1:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

fred berger Riezman Berger, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: going to court

Call the lawyer for the plaintiff indentified in the lawsuit, and offer to pay the amount owed. If this does not work, then engage an attorney to try to settle the case. You will need a full release of claims, and the suit must be dismissed with prejudice to avoid another suit agaisnt you by the same party.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/07, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now