Missouri  |  Business Law

Hello, I am trying to get a liquor license on my location. neighborhood allowed me to carry liquor at my location but one church/school is not approving it. this location has been liquor store for over 40 years. Is there any way i can obtain liquor license without involving Church? because they don't want to talk to us about it. Does Grandfather clause apply on this situation? I think previous owner lose the license.

Please help me, any useful information would be Appreciated

Answered on: 3/23/11, 3:24 pm by Anthony Smith

As you know, some areas have recognized a moritorium on new liquor licenses. You may have to get the previous license reinstated or renewed, or be out of luck. If you made the liquir license a condition of your purchase of the business, you may want to get the seller involved in getting the license back. If you did not make the license a condition of the purchase, then you may have to change the business to a non-liquor endeavor, or appease the chruch/school. There was not sufficeint facts here to see what that might entail.

Good luck

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063