Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Missouri

I have been living with someone for 26 yrs he never worked he promised to pay me for totaling my car and living expense he has a settlement coming now he has moved in with someone else it is the sum of 20.000 can something be done about this and what will I need to do. Karen Stork 636-465-2679 Please I Need Help e-mail [email protected]

Asked on 8/20/12, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ms. Stork,

Appears that you may need to hire counsel to assist you direclty. You may need to sue this person. You may just have this attorney help you organize your documentation to sue the former roommate on your own. You might hire the attorney to represent your interests in the suit. It may turn out that just a letter from the attonrey will cause the debtor to pay you, without a law suit. If you need a referral, you may email me. Please keep in mind, that all suits have a statutory time limit, so you shoudl nto delay in consulting direclty with counsel about the specific facts of your matter.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/20/12, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now