Missouri  |  Consumer Law

Feb 2012 took car for clutch replacement and transmission rebuild. Got car back late May. Called as soon as I got home and told them was not fixed and actually worse. They let me bring it back 2 weeks later-(early June)Waited 2 more weeks called to see progress, told me paying jobs first. I had already paid my bill of 1500.00 Late August called BBB and local TV station "Call For Action". They evidently contacted repair shop yesterday. Now repair shop says we are putting your transmission in trunk and pushing your car to roadside come and get it when we have sheriff here. They also said 90 day warranty started in May. What can I do? Waiting on call to pick up car worried about additional damage on roadside.

Answered on: 9/11/12, 8:31 am by Anthony Smith

It sounds like you need to sue the repair shop. You might want to have another mechanic evaluate whether problem you experienced later was for the same thing you had repaired before.

Good luck

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063