Missouri  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/23/12, 1:16 pm

I ordered a product from an online company six months ago and they assured me that the product would be ready within two-three months max. However, after five months of not hearing any updates and the "CEO" of the company constantly evading my questions of how much longer and even deliberately ignoring my e-mails all together, I decided to cancel the order and just be done with the whole ordeal.

About 1/3 of my original purchase was sent back but they are still keeping quite a bit of money because they "need to sell the product that I ordered" before I get the full refund. Which means I might as well be sitting in limbo until they decide to actually send my money back.

Given that I have paid them yet received no services or products (and am not expecting to anymore), is it legal for them to simply keep my money like this and if not, what can be done about it?

Notes: The full payment was $3,000 (though I got back $1k of it) and was the full price of the product. It was also payed for via debit card, if that makes any difference.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/23/12, 3:16 pm by Anthony Smith

If it was a Visa debit card, you need to call Visa immediately. They may be able to reverse the charge. You did not mention what bank the card was attached to. But, it is probably too late to have your bank do anything. You may nee3d to sue the company to get the ret of your money back. If you get nthyem served, it is unlikely they wil;l appear for court.If you obtain ajudgmetn by default agsint them in Missouri, you may be able to register the judgmetn in the State wher ethey are headquatered or their domicile state. In that way, you may be able to garnish their account(s).

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search