Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Missouri

I had a garnishment and then recieved a Release/Stay of Garnishment with a Full Release and they refunded some money Now I am being garnished again for the same debt.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If the judgment creditor filed a Satisfaction of the Judgment, the case is over and any garnsihment would be improper. If they merely released the previous garnishment, based upon a payment arrangement, then they can file a new garnishment if the judgment debtor (you) fails to live up to the payment arrangement. I suspect that the second scenario is the case here, as you said they also executed a Stay of Execution.

If you are current on the payment arrangment, you may be able to successfully have the court quash or undo the present garnishment. you may need to snsult direclty with a civil practice attorney in your area, to determine you best course of action and response to the new garnishment. That attorney will need more facts then you have room to provide here, in order to advise you.

Good luck

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Missouri

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms