Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

my babys mother has a class C felony pending for stealing and its her first affence ifs shes convicted what will happen?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Well, the range of punishment is from one day in jail to seven years in prison and/or a fine from $1.00 to $5000, or some combination of both. She may wind up being placed on probation. The Division of Family Services may get involved to determine whether sheis able to provide a good home with good parenting for the child. If you are not the legal father, you might consider taking legal action to have the Judge grant you custody.I hope that your baby's mama has a good criminal defense attorney, if not I mgiht be able to offer her my legal services for a reasonable fee. If she is represented and you want to take legal action, I might be able to offer my services to you for a reasonble fee. I do not think tha I could ethically represent or even speak with you both under these circumstances.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri