Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

DWI/Driving While Revoked Probation Violation

I am on unsepervised probation for DWI and Driving While Revoked, with a 1 year backup for the two charges. I just violated my probation for the first time with the same charges, but in a different county. What I need to know is; am I going to jail.

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: DWI/Driving While Revoked Probation Violation

I am not able to answer your question with the info you provided. Did you receive a Suspended Execution of Sentence on a one year sentence? Or, did you possibly get a suspended Imposition of Sentence? In any event, you may very well receive a Notice that the prosecutor iin the county where you are on probation is seeking to revoke your probation. This is not automatic, and technically you are entitled to a hearing. Many times it is possible to work something out with the prosecutor even in cases where subsequent charges are picked up by the person on probation. You definitely need a good lawyer, and preferably one who practices regularly in both counties where you are in trouble. If you would like to discuss this further, you may call me for a free telephone consultation at 314-727-2822.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri