Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Giving up the right to a jury trial

In a criminal trial, once a defendant has given up their right to a jury trial in favor of a bench trial, can they change their mind before the trial date, and request a jury trial?

Asked on 6/12/07, 10:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Cisar The Cisar Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Giving up the right to a jury trial

I believe the case law says waiver must be in writing to be valid. Hopes this helps.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/07, 7:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now