Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

I currently live in Missouri, and just found out I live two doors down from a halfway house specifically for sex offenders. Are sex offenders, and specifically halfway houses that house them, legally required to notify any neighbors that move in, especially if they have children?

Asked on 7/20/13, 11:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are several things someone convicted of child abuse must report. But generally, telling potential new neighbors of their presence isn't one. There may be reporting obligations for the halfway house itself. But, those are registration in the main. It us up to the prudent homebuyer to use the available written and online references to assess the neighborhood they are mooching to.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 3:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now