Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Wondering ''IF''

I am a 24 year old male on probation for check fraud. i was issued 5 years of sis probation. it has been nearly 3 yrs and i messed up again, stealing over 500. they are going to revoke my prbation, i was wondering if anyone ever heard of someone being able to join a military instead of going to prison. any help would be great.

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Wondering ''IF''

First of all, you should definitely hire an attorney to reprresent you. You are entitled to a hearing before the court can revoke your probation. In some cases an attorney will be able to negotiate a "plea bargain" of sorts on the probation revocation. In many cases, I have managed to strike a deal with the prosecutor which was then approved by the judge under which my client's "SIS" was converted to an "SES" and the client was sentenced to do time but placed on probation with the understanding that if the client messed up again he would go do the time. I can't say whether this will happen in your case, but I can offer to give you a free telephone consultation if you will call me at 314-727-2822.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri