Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Missouri

Fictitious name

I am an actor operating under a fictitious name. In order to deposit checks and collect benefits made out to the fict. name, what is required? Incorporation? Mr. real name Dba Mr fict. name?

Asked on 7/26/02, 2:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard Leib Howard D. Leib, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Fictitious name

THe answer to this will differ from state to state and the best thing to do is to check with the bank that you wish to deal with. In NY you would fill out and file a "Doing BUsiness As" certificate, bring a certified copy to the bank and open an account inder the name "John Doe, d/b/a Richard Rowe"

Howard Leib

Read more
Answered on 7/26/02, 3:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now