Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Hello I'm 16 I live in Missouri with my grandma she has had me since I was a baby I currently have came to the thought of going trough emancipation. I have done some research on it but I haven't found a solid answer I know in Missouri the guardian has no say but the minor (me) has to pay court cost have a job and show they can do it on their own if I was to go through this what would the cost be and if I did get emansapated I'd live with my sister who is 20 and has a job I wouldn't be kicking myself no where

Anthony Smith LawSmith

The cost to do an emancipation varies a great deal. But, generally you can do it for about $1,500. living with your Sister (unless you have a written lease agreement) probably will not suffice. Perhaps you Sister could Apply to be your Guardian, or convince your grandmother to let you move in with her. Those two options could be cheaper and simpler for you

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri