Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

i have a 16 yr old daughter that gave birth the father is 18 in the state of missouri what is the laws pertaining to legal rights and emancipation for my daughter that still lives with me in my custody?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Your daughter has rights as a parent, as do you. If the young man cannot provide support, you may be able to get it from his parent(s), due to her age at the time of conception. If your daughter moves out, especially if she get married, she may be able to seek emancipation. If she is successful, her noncustodial paent may not have anymore support liability. Th enoncustodial parnet may seekth erestitution or reversal of custody and support, as she got pregnant while living with you. If you two are divorced, you shudl consutl with the attorney that represented you in the divorce or custody cases.

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri