Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/12/04, 11:43 am

Child custody of a minor to Grandparents

I have had my grandaughter living in my house now for 6 months, because her Mother was not able to take care of her or her sister. Her little sister has lived in Texas with another of my daughters for four months. The mother lives off and on with her boyfriend. They were both using drugs very heavily. Now all of sudden she wants to come and get my grandaughter because I made her mad about not wanting her exposed to this boyfriend she lives with. He is on parole and is the one that got my daughter back on drugs. She has told someone she is going to pick up ''M'' at school and not tell me. Can I stop her from taking her and do I have a right to seek custody of her?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search