Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am contemplating divorce. We have been married for 8 1/2 years and have two sons. If we seperate first before filing for divorce will my husband still be responsible for paying for health insurance for me and the kids? I was also wondering if he would still be responsible for paying our mortgage? He works full time and I work very part time due to going to nursing school. I don't know if you need to know but we live in MIssouri.

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Yes, your husband should still pay the health insurance and the mortgage. But, if you file for divorce then a statute actually will require him to keep up the insurance. His obligation to pay the mortgage is between him and the lender and is not effected by either yr separation or your divorce.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri