Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/13, 2:38 pm

After my divorce was final, can my name be taken off a car loan as a co-signer if she was awarded the vehicle in the divorce?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/25/13, 8:34 pm by Anthony Smith

Your divorce decree does not alter the creditor"s ability to sue you, if the note is not paid. But, it does allow you to bring her into the suit, if the creditor sues you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search