Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My ex-husband is suing me for taking money out of joint scout when we were married, is accusing me of stealing his truck that was not in his name and impounded due to his many tickets in that truck and for divorcing him directly out of basic training. My question is can he actually get what he is suing me for? Even though we were married and the truck wasn't my fault. He is suing me in small claims court in California and I live in Missouri.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You might want to ask the question to a California attorney, The court in CA may not have jurisdiction over you. Also, some of the issues you described should be addressed in your divorce. If he gets jurisdiction on you in CA, he will win if you do nothing. If you have been served, get advice from a CA attorney as soon as you can.

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri