Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/27/10, 8:00 am

I have a friend who has two children that he doesn't get to see. Last year he lost his job and is currently unemployeed due to some medical recoveries and surgery. He is looking for work but doesn't currently have a job. He owes back child support that they figured the amount of from his last job. He still gets a child support bill every month, and is falling further behind (he doesn't recieve any help from the government for food or housing). I know he should pay something for child support, but can he get the amount lowered due to not having a job? Also is there anything he can do to get some visitation rights to his kids (he has no money for a lawyer). If not does he still need to pay child support if he doesn't get to see his children? I am worried about him possiblly going to jail for back child support that he cannot pay. He was never married, so there is no seperation or divorce proceedings that are ongoing. Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search