Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am mentally ill and married for 8 years with three little children. My husband wants a divorce

I do not. what can I do?

Asked on 11/24/12, 5:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Missouri is a no-fault state, meaning one does not have to prove any grounds to get a divorce, other than that they want one. Therefore, there may be little one can do to avoid a divorce, other than reconciliation. You offer to go to Marital therapy with your husband. You might be wise to consult directly with family law attorney in your area.Many offer afree or low cost initial consultation. Tell them all the property you two own, what money you both make and owe, and the ages of your children. Perhaps they can prepare you for what may come.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/24/12, 11:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now