Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am mentally ill and married for 8 years with three little children. My husband wants a divorce

I do not. what can I do?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Missouri is a no-fault state, meaning one does not have to prove any grounds to get a divorce, other than that they want one. Therefore, there may be little one can do to avoid a divorce, other than reconciliation. You offer to go to Marital therapy with your husband. You might be wise to consult directly with family law attorney in your area.Many offer afree or low cost initial consultation. Tell them all the property you two own, what money you both make and owe, and the ages of your children. Perhaps they can prepare you for what may come.

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri