Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/03/13, 2:25 pm

This is in Missouri. I need to terminate my parental rights to my 17 year old son who is in state custody possibly until the age of 21, and a 14 year old that is living with his father. The father has agreed to not fight the termination.

Are the first steps emancipation which has fallen out of favor, or hiring an attorney that can file the motion?

The state has filed for an incredible amount of monthly child support from me when I did not have custody of him, nor do I have the means to pay it of $250 a month (we are joint in the divorce agreement, but I am not responsible to pay any child support as per the decree) and only asking less than $50 a month from my ex-husband who makes 3 times the income I do. I have no other choice.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search