Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/03/13, 4:57 am

My niece and her boyfriend are wanting to hand over temporary custody of their 2 month old son to me with no end date at this time. They do not trust either set of grandparents to take care of him the way he needs to be taken care of. Our issue is, can we make a document with them signing and notarizing it giving me custody to where them nor the grandparents can just walk in and take him without hiring a lawyer? Neither set of grandparents have the money for attorney's anyway so that is not my worry, I just do not want any more trouble and want the child safe and secure. The parents know they are not stable enough and cannot give the child everything he needs right now (they are only 16 and 17). I do not have the money to hire a lawyer and if the agree on this I just don't want them to be able to come in a month from now when he is stable and take him just because. Very confused on how to handle this.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search