Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/13, 12:33 pm

I posted this earlier but I don't think I was clear enough. My ex wife and I have 2 children together. They are 2 and 5 years old and are both female. We have 50/50 legal and physical custody with her address as primary. In other words, I pay her child support... She has her boyfriend living with her now and has for some time. He is in the process of going to court for child molestation/statutory sodomy/child endangerment. 11 counts in total. My question, is there anything I can do to take my kids? He has not been convicted of anything yet and one lawyer told me that there is really nothing I can do until there is a conviction. Is that TRUE?!?! I interpret that answer the same as "I should only fill my gas tank up after I run out of gas." I mean seriously!!, I have to wait until he touches one of my kids until I can do something? What would you do?!?!?!?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/12/13, 5:20 pm by Michael R. Nack

I would file a Motion for full custody.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law 200 South Bemiston (307) St. Louis, MO 63105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search