Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/28/12, 6:22 pm

So I am pro se and the opposing counsel in the custody/modification case has made numerous mistakes on Certificates of Service on motions (saying they were hand delivered but they were mailed, and one time not doing it timely but Judge said no harm, no foul...well just did it again, as untimely service and also messed up the paperwork. Just got this email from the attorney today..so question is 1) Is it right for the attorney to try to get me to agree to something like this and 2) what do I do?

I thought I had noticed up both your discovery objections and my motion to dismiss your amended pleadings for tomorrow morning. I now see the notice only covered your objections. If you are agreeable, I would like to take up both matters tomorrow and save everyone another trip to court next week. If not, just let me know and I will file another notice of hearing on the motion to dismiss. Let me know your position. Thanks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search