Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/02/09, 9:05 pm

I recently received child support request forms for a child that I did not know I was the father for. Apparently I have signed an affidavit acknowledging paternity even though I do not recall doing so. The form itself was allegedly signed over 2 years ago and is just now being turned in. Do I have any way to revoke that signature if it is proved to be mine. Also I do not want to be a part of this child's life and have not been a part of this child's life. There is a chance that I am the father but there has not been any blood test or DNA test to confirm that 100%. I don't feel that I should have to pay support on a child that may or may not be mine even though the form is signed, especially since the form was held by the mother for over 2 years according to the dates. It's just now surfacing after I recently had my youngest child with my fiancee. What can I do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search