Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Reversing an adoption. Is it possible?

My granddaughter was adopted by my daughter's new husband (about 6 years ago). The granddaughter is 10 years old now. Her biological father has come back into her life over the last two or three years. We wondered if he could reverse the adoption? He was living in Maryland at the time of the adoption, but the notice of the adoption was published in a Missouri newspaper (he had lived here, too, before returning to college). The adoptive father has treated the girl cruelly and we are sick about it. Reversing the adoption would remove his paternal rights, yes?

Asked on 4/18/04, 12:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tad Morlan Tad K. Morlan, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Reversing an adoption. Is it possible?

It is very difficult. A number of events need to happen. First, get an attorney to sort through this process. You need the adoptive father to terminate his parental rights.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/04, 7:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now