Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/14/13, 6:55 am

Our son and ex daughter-in-law lost temp. Custody of our grandkids. They won't place them with us because we live 15 miles over state line. What can we do to get them?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/14/13, 8:10 am by Anthony Smith

The simplest, in some ways, is to establish residency in the country that has taken custody of the children. If this is not practicable, then you can petition for guardianship of the children. You will have to appoint a resident agent for service. You might also try to find a family friend or other relative that already lives in the state (and preferably County) where the children are. You might find that you can help the parents change the situation that caused the children to be twentieth l taken away.

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search