Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My son is 15 and has lived with his legal guardians now for quit awhile now and he is having trouble with them and wants to come stay with my wife step kids and I but I don't want to get in trouble by letting him live here what can I do without the courts?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It is unusual for a child to have a guardian, when there parent is present and competent. If the reason the child was placed with a guardian (instead of you) still exists, you mighty be in contempt of Court to keep him despite the guardians wishes. If things have changed, you can petition the Court to terminate the guardianship, so he can live with you. Perhaps your first step would be to talk with the guardian, to ask if the boy can stay with you for a while.

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri