Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My son is 15 and has lived with his legal guardians now for quit awhile now and he is having trouble with them and wants to come stay with my wife step kids and I but I don't want to get in trouble by letting him live here what can I do without the courts?

Asked on 5/07/13, 8:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is unusual for a child to have a guardian, when there parent is present and competent. If the reason the child was placed with a guardian (instead of you) still exists, you mighty be in contempt of Court to keep him despite the guardians wishes. If things have changed, you can petition the Court to terminate the guardianship, so he can live with you. Perhaps your first step would be to talk with the guardian, to ask if the boy can stay with you for a while.

Good luck

Read more
5/12/13, 5:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

87818 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now