Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Temporary Guardianship Form

My bother inlaw is tring to give us guardianship or his children since he no long can take care of them. I cannot find a form for this. I need a document that can be notorized.

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Temporary Guardianship Form

There is no "form" such as you describe. If the children actually need a "guardianship" then a Petition must be filed in Court seeking a Court Order. If you are going to be named "Guardian" it is possible that you may also wish to be named "Conservator" of the children's estates, so that you can legallly manage their money as well as take care of them physically. Perhaps you are referring to a "power of attorney" which your brother in law can sign authorizing you to act as parent(s) to the children. Under the Missouri statute such a "power of attorney" can be effective for up to one year. If you are not already represented by legal counsel, you may call me for a free telephone consultation at 314-727-2822. I have handled many such situations, and I am confident that I can be of service to you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri