Legal Question in Health Care Law in Missouri

release of medical records

can a person sue a health care provider , for loss of disability income from employer, i have made

numerous attempts via phone, mail, email to have therapist fax

limited info to my employers disability company Metlife. Metlife has also attempted to get records

and have a release i signed and gave therapist. she will not return my calls and refuses to speak to me , i should have started getting long term dis. in oct.07, but she will not respond to me or metlife leaving me with $oo income . is there any thing i can do

Asked on 12/07/07, 12:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: release of medical records

You probably need to have an attorney contact her and advise her that she is obstructing a disability determination. That is called intentional interference with contractual rights, and it could potentially result in a lawsuit against her.

Get your attorney to do it, don't do this yourself. It's probably worth the $120 or so it will cost you to get the letter done.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 12/07/07, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Health Care Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now