Missouri  |  Immigration Law

Hello, I'm in USA with a Tourist visa wich dues on November 24th, I decided to stay because I met the love of my life and I'm getting married next week and I'm gonna send my immigration package on October 15th, my question is, what happens after november 24th if I havemt hear from USCIS? will I be an ilegal? thank you very much

Answered on: 9/26/13, 9:29 am by Marlene Hemmings

Once you receive your I-485 receipt notice, you will have an interim legal status until your Adjustment of Status is adjudicated. However, you cannot work without an approved Employment Authorization Document, and you cannot travel outside the U.S. without an approved Advance Parole.

There is obviously a lot more to it than that, so I recommend that you have an experienced Immigration Attorney review your forms & documents before you file, & advise you of the U.S. Immigration Laws first.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364