Legal Question in Insurance Law in Missouri

My husband has threatened to kill me and take my baby. How can I a)prevent it from happening, b)make sure that he does not get away with it if I get killed? Thanks

Asked on 9/10/13, 9:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As a practical matter, you should talk to the police, even though they might not do anything to help you. Legally you can file a Petition in Court for a protective Order under both the Adult Abuse Act and the Child Protection Act. You could obtain a Protective Order keeping him away from you and your child. The , if he violates the Order, he could be arrested and prosecuted.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 9:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now