Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Missouri

Can I advertise someone else's business on my website without permission? I have a Security Services oriented website and I am trying to "fill it out" so to speak, and I would like to place little ads on my websites map applications. The little ads will contain the businesses contact info. I live in the United States, in Missouri. I would be wanting to advertise both United States and International Businesses. Is this legal to do so without the businesses permission? Any help would be much appriciated.

- Zack S. Reed

http://www.internationalsecurityconsultationagency.com/

Bruce Burdick Burdick Law Firm

You can list unaffiliated businesses safely if you put in a disclaimer that you are not affiliated with any of the listed business. One way is to have two sections, one for affiliates and the other for unaffiliated businesses. I suspect what you are really wanting to do is to falsely claim you are in some sort of network of related businesses when you are not or that you have a ton of contacts and affiliates that you do not have, all to make your business look more well-connected. There is a way to do this legally. Call and, for a fee, I can explain.

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Missouri

Intellectual Property Legal Forms