Legal Question in Employment Law in Missouri

My boss is accusing me of being with his wife. In return he has fired me. Does this fall under sexual harassment and/or wrongful dismissal?

Jonathan D. McDowell McDowell & McDowell, LLC

It possibly could be sexual harassment depending on the circumstances. From this description it seems more like hostile work environment. For a hostile work environment claim you must prove that you are in a protected class. In this case, if the boss is not accusing women of this conduct, you might be able to prove you are being treated differently than women.

If the boss is accusing you of this conduct in front of other employees customers, or even supervisors, then you could bring a defamation claim and an invasion of privacy claim.

This short question seems to need the assistance of an attorney. It would be worth taking the time and money for a consultation.

`Jonathan

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Missouri

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms