Legal Question in Employment Law in Missouri

I went to the ER for my arm, wrist, and hand hurting. The doctor advised that it was an injury due to work and that I go to a workmans comp doctor. I was also told to report to work after being discharged.

When I arrived at work I was told that I lied on my application ( not the one I was hired on) and that I have continuously lied to them ( everything in question I have proof to back up my story). Also if I filed workmans comp or went to see the doctor I would be denied the benefits. I have only worked here 3 months and would have starting paying for union on the next paycheck.

1. I am still in pain. Can I see a workmans comp doctor without being charged?

2. Is this wrongful termination and where do I start?

Asked on 11/03/11, 10:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

M. Scott Montgomery the montgomery law firm llc
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A worker's compensation judge would order your employer to provide medical care to you at no charge. A claim would need to be filed.

Did they fire you ? If they did, you could sue them for retaliation against you arising from your workers compensation claim. The employer can not legally take action against you just because you file or could file a claim for worker's compensation.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/11, 1:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now