Legal Question in Employment Law in Missouri

I went to the ER for my arm, wrist, and hand hurting. The doctor advised that it was an injury due to work and that I go to a workmans comp doctor. I was also told to report to work after being discharged.

When I arrived at work I was told that I lied on my application ( not the one I was hired on) and that I have continuously lied to them ( everything in question I have proof to back up my story). Also if I filed workmans comp or went to see the doctor I would be denied the benefits. I have only worked here 3 months and would have starting paying for union on the next paycheck.

1. I am still in pain. Can I see a workmans comp doctor without being charged?

2. Is this wrongful termination and where do I start?

M. Scott Montgomery the montgomery law firm llc

A worker's compensation judge would order your employer to provide medical care to you at no charge. A claim would need to be filed.

Did they fire you ? If they did, you could sue them for retaliation against you arising from your workers compensation claim. The employer can not legally take action against you just because you file or could file a claim for worker's compensation.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Missouri

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms