Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Missouri

My 2 boys live with a friend in a rental, the boy on the lease is in jail, the mom of the boy on lease states she is changing the lock on house in am..can she do this? or does the owner of the home have to file an eviction?

Asked on 9/28/13, 7:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally it would be the landlord. If the boyd have established residency (been there a while, get mayo etc.) Then have to do eviction. Can't just lock them out.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 2:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now