Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Missouri

My boyfriend and I have been living in his dad's girlfriend's house for 10 months. We agreed with her that we would pay the amount of her mortgage payment to rent it from her. We didn't sign anything. They recently broke up and since then she'll say we have a week, and then tell us to leave immediately at random times. We now have a three month old and have been actively looking for places to move but won't be able to get into anything for another week. Is this not legally considered a month to month lease, even without a contract? Isn't she required to give us the full 30 days to get our stuff out?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Based only upon the facts you reported, the answer is "Yes." But, other facts might change that. Their, you should probably consult directly with a civil practice attorney in your area.

Good luck

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Missouri

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms