Missouri  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

There has been extensive water damage and mold in my apartment from a leaky water heater. the landlord is replacing the flooring in the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, plus all the cabinets must come out because of the water and mold. We moved all our furniture out of those rooms and went to stay with relatives yesterday. Now they have notified us they are going to re-carpet the living room too. They have given us 4 days to move. In order to return when it is finished they say we must renegotiate a new lease, pay higher rent and get rid of part of our animals, even though they have known for years about the dog and cats and have never said a word. What are my rights?

Answered on: 6/05/13, 8:03 pm by Anthony Smith

I if your landlord wants out of there please obligations, they should pay you. You may want to hire an attorney in your area, to negotiate your release agreement with the landlord'

Good luck

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063