Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Missouri

I have a land lord that refuses to allow us sole use if the property we are renting. He allowed his friend to plant a garden as well as children under the age of 16 ride atvs in the yard. When we asked him not to allow this kind of behavior he stated that he and his family will continue to use this property. Can I legally break my lease and move and if so what law protects me as a tennent.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If your quiet enjoyment is disturbed, you have the right to calk the police about the trespasses, and to dig up the garden, or beat the vegetables. If it is your landlord making the interruptions, you can reduce or abate your lease payments. More facts would need to be known to determine if your lease has been breached, and that you can move out without owing future rent. You should probably consult directly with a civil practice attorney in your area.

Good luck

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Missouri

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms