Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

I have fired my personal injury attorney. I have requested three times now for my final bill to pay him out-right to have lien removed, and a copy of all my files. He has not responded to any of my certified letters, phone calls or emails. Doesn't he have a time-frame as to how long it should take for him to resolve this matter?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

The file belongs to you, Your attorney or ex attorney should give it to you upon demand. As far as the final bill, there is nto set time. If they already filed suit, they may be ahving trouble getting the Court to allow them to withdraw, therefore, you bill may be increasing. If you hoire new counsel, it may speed up the process, as the court may allow a substitutioj of counsel. If the previous counsel had the case on a contingent fee basis, the amount of theri fees may not be known until there is a judgment or settlement. If you cannot get this resolved soon, the Missouri Bar has afee dispute process. Contact them, and they may be able to assist you.

Good luck

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri