Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

I was hit in my car by a drunk driver who then fled the scene but was quickly apprehended by police. By his own admission, he had multiple dui's and was driving a car from his employer, a local car dealership. My car is being repaired now and we have a $500 deductible on our insurance. They have assured me that once the police report is filed, they will go after the dealerships insurance to recover the $500 deductible as well as their $5000+ cost to repair my car.

My wife and I are wondering if we have any sort of a case against the driver or his company for letting a known drunk driver drive their vehicles. One last note; there were no injuries in the accident, just a large soda spilled all over the back of the car. :)

Asked on 8/09/11, 2:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may sue the driver and hsi employer for negligence. But, the problem is once yrou car is repaired or repalced, you have little or no damages. You could hold a trial and win a dollar. Frivolous case are frowned upon. If you prepare to sue the dealership, they make a settlement offer.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now