Missouri  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/13/10, 6:28 pm

if the plaintiff was a minor when a major accident that left four of his siblings dead and couldn't sue the company who was responsible could he then sue when he becomes an adult?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/14/10, 7:18 am by Robert Curran

It's not clear to me from your question whether or not the minor was involved in the crash and personally hurt, or whether the minor just wants to sue for the loss of the four siblings. Either way, the minor can sue now and does not have to wait, as long as they have an adult do it for them, in the minor's name.

On the question of whether or not the minor can sue for the loss of the four siblings, that depends on the circumstances and what relatives survived the four siblings. Even if the surviving minor was not personally involved in the crash, he or she might have a claim for the loss of the four siblings, depending on what other relatives survived.

If you'd like to discuss this, you can get my phone number from my web site, shown below.

Please be aware that the statements and opinions provided above are just a broad informational service to the general public. Since this reply is based upon an incomplete description of facts, this email can not used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified and fully-informed attorney. Also, these communications are intended for use by the public, and this email does not constitute a confidential communication nor does it create an attorney-client relationship with Curran Law Firm or any of its members.

Rob Curran

Curran Law Firm

3516 South National Avenue

Springfield, MO 65807


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Curran Law Firm 3516 South National Avenue Springfield, MO 65807

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search