Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

Police misconduct

My brother and cousin were pulled over for a flat tire. One police officer came, assessed the situation and left. Another cop came and & asked my brother to step out of the car. While in the process of doing so, another police cruiser came and rammed his door trapping and injuring his ankle. Who do we need to speak to abou this?

Asked on 4/25/09, 8:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Police misconduct

Your brother will need to make a claim with the city that employs those officers. They probably have insurance to cover such negligent activity as you described. If your brother gets any kind of static about paying his full claim, he should consult with an attorney immediately. In the mean time, he should not sign any agreement as to his damages, or the liability of the officer(s) or their governmental employer.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 4/25/09, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now