Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

i recently walked into a pole in a dollar general store are they liable for anything?

Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Hi. I am sorry to hear about the accident. I am a Missouri injury attorney that handles claims in most parts of the state.

Typically, in order for the property owner to be liable, there has to be an unreasonably dangerous condition. In other words, you have to show some negligence. There are many ways to establish negligence. For example, if there were no warning signs and it was in a location where people typically walk, this could potentially establish negligence. Was it a pole or a hole? Also where in the store was it located? These are the type of details that are critical to determine if the store is liable for any injuries you have sustained, including medical bills and additional compensation for pain and suffering.

Also, of course, you have to have suffered some injury. I am not certain what type of injuries were sustained, or whether there were medical expenses involved. If so, a lawyer could attempt to work out a settlement with the store, or file a case if necessary.

I can be reached, for your convenience, by e-mail, at mth2000@yahoo.com. I hope this helps at least some.

NOTE: This answer is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri