Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

I rented a cargo trailer. While in my possession I was ran off the road and the trailer damaged. I finished what I was using the trailer for. When I returned the trailer I didn't say anything about being ran off the road. The rental company didn't even leave the building to inspect the trailer upon return. The refunded my security deposit to me. The next day they called me about the damage on the trailer. They want me to pay for it. Am I legally responsible for the damage after they returned my security deposit to me?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

The answer to yrou question may depend upon what your written rental agrement said. It does nto bode well for the rental companies claim that they returne dyrou security deposit. But, they may stillb e able to make the claim for damages. The damage you described may be covered by your automotive liability policy.

Good luck

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri